Below is a snapshot of some of the decisions made by Council at its Ordinary Meeting on Monday 21 August 2017.
- Agreed to write to the Minister for Planning to request that he does not approve Amendment C104 in its current form, and only supports the approval of the Environment Significance Overlay to the area affected by the Amenity Rural Buffer.
- Resolved to rename Crinigan Road West, Morwell to Alliss Road.
- Resolved to start the process to rename Tyers Recreation Reserve ‘Baillie Reserve’ and Brady’s Road, Tyers to Russell Road.
- Endorsed ‘Live Work Latrobe’ land use strategies for public exhibition.
- Endorsed release of the draft Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2017-21.
- Received and supports ‘in principle’ the Future Morwell Urban Design Revitalisation Plan.
- Gave notice to make Meeting Procedure Local Law 2017 and invites submissions.
- Requested a report in relation to addressing community concerns regarding parking on narrow residential roads.
- Requested a report addressing road, drainage and parking issues at Northern Reserve, Newborough associated with the impacts of construction of a telecom tower.
- Endorsed implementing extended operating hours for the Moe Outdoor Pool for the 2017/18 year to match those of the Traralgon Outdoor Pool.
Decisions and reports
- Abolished the Gippsland Carbon Transition Committee, the Latrobe City Industry Forum and the Timber Umbrella Group Advisory Committee.
- Received and noted report in to monitoring of parking restriction sign in Queen St, Moe.
- Adopted Road Management Plan 2017-21.
- Adopted revised terms of reference for Churchill and District Community Hub Advisory Committee.